Trevor sings this song the CUTEST of anyone I know, but then again I am a bit biased! We have had hardly any rain for the entire summer and appartently 2 weeks ago God decided to sprinkle us with an entire summers worth of water. I have not seen sheets of rain like this in forever. Now, now hopefully I am not aging myself too much here, speakin of the weather and all. But seriously it is cramping my style here.
On Thursday all was calm all was bright. I decided to drive on over to my local Walgreens to drop off a prescription when all of the sudden the skies turned green then yellow and then WABANG attack of the raindrops. It was the craziest, scariest thing I have been in the midst of in a very long time. Okay so there were a few factors to consider. 1) I really needed to get the prescription asap. 2) This was my second day of driving the new mini van. 3) I really enjoy watching storms 4)Trevor was with me.
Let me just set the scene a bit more: I am approaching a busy intersection and the loudest thunder ever surprises me and poof the electricity is off, no stop lights. So I arrive at the Walgreens with windshield wipers going mock 90. I pull up to the drive thru pharmacy...I love the feature..thanks Walgreens. The power inside Walgreens keeps flickering on and off. The man inside mouths to me you need to go seek shelter a tornado is coming. WHAT???!!! Just then my dad calls and is rather urgently telling me SEEK SHELTER IMMEDIATELY as he was crusing himself down the road he was observing a billboard flying and tree branchs not attached to trees yet up in the air. (in my mind I am thinking why aren't you seeking shelter dear Dad?) Anyhow,My everloving father then tells me to go to my friend Hill's house and go under the stairs. (My parents used to rent their house many moons ago). Alright, I say to myself good plan. Well, just kidding I pull out from under the pavillion and now cannot see the cars parked in the parking lot or the streeet I would like to be aiming for. The skies were a sort of greenish color. Hmmm...not so good...my brain tells me that I need to get out of my van asap. So I drive the mere 2 blocks she lives from Walgreens, dodging downed electrical wires and flying tree branches. I fly up her stairs, almost breaking my ankle and absolutely dripping wet and scare the pants off of Hill, I barge into her house...Her 2 labs were there to greet me....which dogs aren't my favorite animal. :-) We arrive in the basement where 2 of her 3 girls were already hiding under the stairs in the complete darkness. We think we should cover the nearest window, so I take the baby and Hill covers the window. Baby chucks all over me, I felt this warm something running down my chest...not such a great feeling...but not at all important in the middle of all this.
So the storm/tornado passes and we are all okay...but my goodness what an adventure! :-) Dearest Trev was cool as a cucumber he just wanted his George (monkey) and his blankie. AWWWW!
There is a 2nd chapter to this story that I will save for another post! :-)
Saturday, August 25, 2007
Rain, Rain go AWAY
Labels:
Adventures
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment