Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Trevor's talk

Trevor: Hey Mom, wanna do the HOLY pokey?

Me: You mean the Hokey Pokey...

Trevor: No Mom, Holy Pokey, like Holy, holy, holy, merciful and mighty! (Which is one of his old favorite songs).

Me: Okay, I'll do it, but we need to call it the Hokey Pokey.

Trevor: Okay, Mom next week I do that!


Today was a day off for me, Trevor had preschool. I told him this morning that after preschool it was going to be a Mommy and Trevor day. He informed everyone at preschool of this, as well as anyone we saw exiting or entering the building (and because of voting today there were lots). When we got home, I decided to make a picture plan for him of how the day was going to go.

Me: Trevor, what would you like to do today?

Trev: Hmm....I got an idea

Me: Yeah what is it?

Trev: First we eat chocolate cookies, then we eat ice cream, then we watch a movie, then we go swimming.

Me: Well, how about we play with play do, sing songs, read books or play a game?

Trev: Okay Mom, that fine with me! We eat ice cream af-fer 'at? (after that).

Me: Sure, honey we can have ice cream after nap time.

Trev: Going swimming?

Me: No, it is too cold to swim.

Trev: I not cold Mom, I go un-ner (under) the water and I warm.

1 comment:

Emily Dykstra said...

haha... the Holey Pokey!!!

Trevor, you're a trip! I can totally picture you saying this!