Sunday, February 3, 2008

Trevor's talk

So, our little cuite pie came up with some more funnies, well one was not really funny at the time, but now I can laugh about it!

Mom and Trev are out running errands during a recent SNOW DAY....this is what I heard from the back seat. Trevor would cough a bit shortly followed by another pretend cough. This went on for about 2 minutes.

Trev: Mom, I got a question.

Me: Yeah sweetie whats your question?

Trev: Your butt make noises when you cough?

Me: (trying to not bust a gut outloud)...no Trev, what are you talking about?

Trev: Mom, listen. (He then proceeds to cough and toot at the same time) Hear that MOM? My butt making noises when I cough. Your butt make noises Mom.

Me: No, honey it doesn't (not totally the truth).

Trev: Mom, does Daddy's butt make noises?

Yesterday, we were all looking forward to Josh's bowling 6th birthday party. It was time to take a little snooze before the party, Trevor didn't think that was such a good plan. He complained about my request...

Me: Trevor, please listen to Mommy and don't complain....it is time to take a nap. When you wake up we are all going to Josh's party.

Trev: (sighing and walking to his room dramatically) FOR JESUS SAKE MOM!

Me: (shocked and totally mortified) What did you say? We do not talk like that Trevor. (trying to desperately think of how to teach a 3 1/2 year old why this isn't okay).

Trev: Mom, you say for Pete's sake....I say Jesus sake, I like Jesus, you like Pete.

So apparently, I should erase for Pete's sake from my vocabulary. Guess I just better sick with "Oh brother, oh nuts".

2 comments:

Sittintall said...

I would have had a hard time not laughing at EITHER of those. How can you punish someone with such a good explanation? He's a smart little whipper snapper!

Emily Dykstra said...

Oh MANNNNNNNNN!!! You have one smart kiddo there, Pam!! "You like Pete. I like Jesus." That is so hilarious.

You'll recall that we still don't let Morgan say God's name until she's older b/c someone taught her the wrong version. Ugh.

And the butt noises was hilarious, too.