Trev refers to the abc song as the ABCD's. It is really hilarious. He usually sings ABCD in school and when its a preschool day will usually re sing all the songs he sang in preschool. I am certain however, that he adds quite a few more songs of his own because "Holy, Holy, Holy" always makes it into the mix and I know they don't sing that together as a class. :-) Anywhoo, this weeks' letter is A. So he had to trace little a and "big giant A" today as well as color in an apple and alligator. Show n tell is Thursday and he needs to bring in something that...you guessed it starts with an A. So in trying to make this a teachable moment we talked about what we could bring in. Here is the conversation:
Trev what starts with an "a" sound?
Trev: Ball?
Me: No that is a "b" sound.
Trev: I know Mom, "a" is for Dad. (he then starts repeating the "ddd" sound.
Me: Trev, like "ah, ah, ah" that sound, what could we bring.
Trev: I know Mom...Al (his uncle)
Me: Yeah, Trev great idea, we will bring a picture in of Al.
Trev: And Amy, Mom Auntie Amy
Me: Great those are all "a" sounds, good job Trev.
Trev: Yeah and Isaac and Ethan too!
Me: Well Ethan is for letter E and Isaac for I.
Trev: No, Mom ....."ah, ah, ah", Ethan and "ah, ah, ah" Isaac
So I am not so sure if it was coincidental or not, but it was really priceless to see his face light up with Amy, Auntie Amy. What do you think, shall I send this picture in of Auntie Amy and Al for show and tell? :-)
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
ABCD
Labels:
Trevor
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
He's a thinker! That's GREAT sounding out work, bud. Good job!
I think they would love to be a part of it! Plus, I think the pic shows how fun they are!
K
Post a Comment